John 1:1–5 (NKJV) — 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
If any of the statements in these five verses are false, then Jesus is a false messiah. If they are true, He is the King of kings and Lord of lords. He is God Himself. He is the One true God and there is no others.
Throughout the millennia millions have followed Him, they have made Jesus the Savior, the Lord of their lives.
John ends his testimony of Jesus’ writing in John 21:24–25, “This is the disciple who testifies of these things, and wrote these things; and we know that his testimony is true. And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.”
The first five verses of the Gospel of John state:
- Christ is eternal. He is preexistent and coexistent with the Father. He is Self-existent.
- Revelation 1:8 (NKJV) — 8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
- Christ is the Creator. There is no other creator.
- Colossians 1:16–17 (NKJV) — 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
- Christ is life. He is the source of life.
- John 14:6 (NKJV) — 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
- Christ is light. Not only is He light but He is the source of light. Anyone living outside of Him walks in darkness. Jesus is the answer to darkness. Wherever Jesus, the Light of the world, is darkness disperses. Jesus is the Conquer of darkness.
- John 8:12 “Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”